Dispensary Technician - Wendouree
Job no: 500821
Work type: Full time
Location: Ramsay Pharmacy - VIC Regional
The Ramsay Pharmacy Group (RPG) is part of Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest private hospital operator providingspecialised medication and pharmacy services to inpatients and day patients in Australia. We are committed to building an energetic team who are committed to providing patient focused care, engaging with patients and delivering better care health solutions.
Due to business growth, an exciting and dynamic opportunity exists for an experienced Pharmacy Technician to join the Pharmacy team at Ramsay Pharmacy Wendouree on a full-time basis. This role involves working closely with neighbouring Aged Care Health Services to deliver comprehensive pharmacy services to residential patients as well as the surrounding community. A leadership position within the department can develop from this opportunity for the right candidate.
This full-time role involves working Monday to Friday with some weekends on a rotating roster.
- Work closely with pharmacy and aged care clinical leaders to deliver a patient focused pharmacy service to aged-care residential patients and wider community
- Responsible for the provision of medication supply and inventory management to surrounding aged care facilities within the aged-care pharmacy team
- Community and aged care prescription dispensing and webster and sachet quality assurance responsibilities
- Medication profile generation and management
- Participation in aged-care committees and patient care programs to support best use of medicines
- Cooperate with other pharmacy technicians and assistants in the delivery of pharmacy services to residential and community patients.
- Participate in dispensary and retail operations and professional services within the pharmacy
- Enthusiastic and caring nature with a can-do attitude
- Good working knowledge of the PBS system
- Experience working with Dose Administration Aids (DAA), including webster packs and sachets via Fred Dispense and Fred Pak
- Experience in dispensing medications, using Medico sachets packing machine and preparing packing profiles from residential medication charts.
- Support Pharmacists in dispensary operations by undertaking prescription dispensing, PBS claim administration and assist with professional services management
- Organisational skills and a proven capacity to manage a competing workload and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary clinical and operations teams
This role reports into the Pharmacy Manager with support from the state Area Manager. On the job training and an individual career development plan will be provided. Other benefits include an employee benefit scheme, staff recognition and friendly supportive colleagues.
To apply, attach your CV addressing the requirements above, together with details of two work referees to the on-line link below. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to provide the results of a recent police check prior to commencing. If you have any questions, these may be emailed to the Pharmacy Manager (details below).
Enquiries only should be directed to:
Ka Lee Tsang
Ramsay Pharmacy Wendouree
Applications close: Friday 29th May 2020.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend