- Want to work for Australia’s Largest Private Health Care Provider
- Grow your career across our National Network
- We can offer hours to suit to maintain the right work/life balance for you
Join our team as a Regional Health Records Administration Manager today in either a Permanent Full-Time or Permanent Part Time capacity overseeing our Lake Macquarie Private Hospital and Warners Bay Private Hospitals
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to be responsible for the effective administration and management of our health information services. This will see you responsible for ensuring health information is collected, collated and managed in line with site, state and federal legislative requirements in conjunction with our Health Information Coding Manager.
This opportunity will see you working across a range of duties including:
- Organisation of daily activities and workflows
- Maintenance of policies and procedures
- Collection and submission of accurate and timely clinical indicator data
- Medical records management
- Providing oversight of release of information requests and
- Improving the quality of medical record content and documentation standards.
To succeed in this role, you will have a minimum of 2 years prior experience working in a hospital medical records environment, ideally within a team leader or management capacity. You will demonstrate highly developed communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a team environment and independently as required. You will also demonstrate the ability to engage and influence a range of stakeholders at all levels.
The following will also be highly regarded
- Degree in Health Information Management
- Eligible for membership with the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Advanced data collection and interpretation skills
- A working knowledge of health fund contract systems.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is a 187 bed acute Advanced Surgical and Medical Hospital situated on the Pacific Highway at Gateshead, 15 kms south of the Newcastle CBD. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care Limited, the largest operator of private hospitals in Australia. Specialties include Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, General Surgery (including Colorectal), Breast Surgery, Plastics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Vascular and Oncology.
In March 2015 the region’s first Private Emergency Department was opened at Lake Macquarie Private, providing another option for people requiring emergency care. The hospital is also home to the Hunter Cancer Centre, the Hunter Region's only comprehensive private oncology service providing Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Research, Support Services and Education all located on the one campus.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Lee Sexton on SextonL@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close date: 27th August 2020 at 11:55pm