Catering Services Assistants
Job no: 505214
Work type: Casual
Location: Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
Catering Services Assistant
About the Role
Working alongside our Catering team, you will be responsible for the distribution and collection of all customer menus, food tray, beverages, and basic food preparation. Your role will also involve, but is not limited to;
- Being responsible for cleaning duties throughout the department whilst keeping in line with Hospital and Infection Control regulations;
- Adhering to Infection Control policies and procedures in relation to food hygiene within the catering department and hospital as a whole; and
- Ensuring all meals are presented in appropriate proportions, of the correct temperature and according to the menu requests of the customer.
This role requires flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster that includes days, evenings, weekends and public holidays.
To succeed in this role, you will have a high attention to detail and work effectively within a team and fast-paced environment. Your ability to prioritise tasks effectively and excellent time management skills are critical to this role.
Successful candidates will also meet the following criteria:
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Ability to problem solve and maintain good working relations with others
- Compliance with HACCP, Food Safety and Workplace, Health and Safety
Candidates who meet the following criteria will be highly regarded:
- Experience working in a hospital environment
- Certificate II or Certificate III in Hospitality
- Cold larder and kitchen cleaning experience
- Experience with Chefmax software
$22.00 - $25.00 per hour + super and casual loading
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital includes 6 state-of-the-art operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory, a minor procedure room, a day surgery unit, an 8 bed intensive care unit and an 8 chair day oncology unit. Medical consulting suites are located onsite together with comprehensive pathology and radiology services. Other onsite facilities include a retail pharmacy and coffee shop.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend