- Casual opportunity
- Support and contribute to our Maternity Unit
- Join our respected and recognised culture known as “The Ramsay Way”
About the Role
Joondalup Health Campus is seeking an experienced Registered Midwife to join our Public Obstetrics and Gynaecology unit. Working as a Registered Midwife, you will be responsible for providing the highest level of quality care to all women, babies and their families in line with the core values and strategic direction of both Joondalup Health Campus and Ramsay Health Care.
Acting in a professional manner at all times when dealing with the health care team, clients, their families and the wider community, you will report to the Clinical Midwifery Manager and work with a respectful and friendly team, providing evidenced based midwifery care.
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster, including morning, afternoon and night shifts is essential for this role.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with experience working as a Registered Midwife. You will demonstrate an ability to work both independently and within a team structure, and have a good work ethic that includes punctuality, integrity, respect of others and a commitment to professional practice.
You will also bring:
- Relevant midwifery registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Recent experience working as a Registered Midwife in all areas of midwifery
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to Midwifery practice
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. The hospital has an Emergency Department, After Hours GP Clinic and on-site MRI. Specialties include Medical Specialties which include General Medicine, Respiratory, Gerontology, Cardiac Services and Stroke Services Unit. Surgical Specialities including but not limited to General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Urology, Vascular, ENT, Paediatrics, and Gynaecology. We have acute Psychiatry, Intensive and Coronary Care Units, Day Procedure Unit, Renal and Oncology, Restorative Units, Day Therapy and Obstetrics. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Ramsay Health Care also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application. All applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police and Working with Children check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Lara Murphy, Clinical Nurse Manager
Close Date: Thursday, 3 December 2020 at 11.55 pm