Job no: 505749
Work type: Casual
Location: Greenslopes Private Hospital
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Join our collaborative team on a casual basis and apply your psychology skills to achieve optimal patient outcomes within a growing and successful private hospital.
About the Role
This role will see you assisting the team in the provision of psychological services in our Psychiatric Unit, which comprises of 30 beds and specialises in the assessment and treatment of post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and veterans’ mental health. The casual role will also provide services across other departments, including our acute medical/surgical wards, the Rehabilitation Unit and Ramsay Health Plus (RHP) outpatient clinic.
This role requires a dynamic psychologist with extensive experience in the assessment and treatment of mental disorders and other health conditions. Group facilitation skills are also a key component of the psychology role.
You will also demonstrate:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum three (3) years clinical experience in mental health or health psychology, including group facilitation
- Previous experience in working within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of clients and customers
- Accurate and timely completion of administration and documentation requirements
- Eligibility for membership with the Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Post-graduate qualification
- Experience in working in a case management model of practice and/or hospital setting
- Experience working with veteran/ ex-service population and treatment of PTSD
- Experience in treatment of other chronic health conditions (eg: pain, cardiac, respiratory and oncology) and private health care
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts including private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Greenslopes Private Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Greenslopes Private Hospital is Australia’s leading private teaching hospital, owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, and located just 5km from Brisbane’s CBD. As a world-class tertiary medical facility, we have some of Queensland’s finest specialists working with us to offer the latest treatments and first-class service to our patients. The hospital employs 2,500 staff, contains 32 specialty units, and has 18 operating theatres.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Pauline Teng, Ramsay Health Plus Manager on 07 3394 7267.
Applications Close: Sunday, 11 October 2020
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend