We are seeking experienced Scrub Scout Registered Nurses to join our Perioperative Department.
Permanent Part Time opportunities (minimum 64 hours per fortnight)
About the Role
The theatre department at Pindara Private Hospital offers an extensive range of surgical services across 14 fully equipped operating theatres, 2 endoscopy suites and 1 cardiac catheter lab including plastics, orthopaedic, neurological, vascular, urological, gynaecological and general services. This role will see work across the full scope of a modern theatre department.
You will join a thriving team and contribute to our vision for the Perioperative Service, to be recognised as an innovative and progressive centre of excellence in Perioperative Nursing through its commitment to provide a superior quality service to achieve best practice outcomes.
Your role will involve, but is not limited to;
- Maintaining a high level of nursing care to all patients within the unit;
- Assessing, planning, coordinating and evaluating the care delivery needs of patients; and
- Monitoring the condition of patients during procedures and reporting changes to relevant manager and Anaesthetist / Surgeon / Physician.
This role will require you to participate in the operating theatre “on call” roster as required.
To succeed in this role, you will bring strong clinical skillset in an acute care setting with experience as a scrub scout. You will have exceptional customer service and time management skills with a passion for quality patient outcomes. The flexibility to manage a rotating roster with on-call responsibilities will be crucial to this role.
You will also have the following:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum two years of experience working as a Scrub / Scout Registered Nurse
- Recent relevant experience and understanding of issues associated with acute care / perioperative settings
- Excellent understanding of infection control principles
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a high-performing team
On offer is a full-time equivalent, base annual salary ranging from;
$70,697 - $90,715 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Pindara Private Hospital is centrally located in Benowa on the Gold Coast. Pindara Private Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Pindara Private Hospital is a modern 348 licensed acute care Hospital with extensive on site facilities including a 24 hour Emergency Department, 22 Operating Theatres including our Day Surgery and Endoscopy Unit, Intensive Care, Coronary Care, Oncology, Maternity and Paediatric units, Rehabilitation and Renal Dialysis, a state of the art Cardiac Catheter Laboratory / Hybrid Theatre, in-house Pharmacy, comprehensive Pathology and X-Ray including Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI and Nuclear Medicine imaging and a number of on-site consulting suites. The campus also includes a 5 level medical specialists suite building.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Samantha Kurtz, Nurse Unit Manager on KurtzS@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Close Date: Sunday, 4 October 2020