We are seeking a motivated and proactive professional to join our Perioperative Department.
Permanent Part Time opportunity (minimum of 64 hours per fortnight)
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has become available for motivated, professional individuals to join perioperative services support team. As the Theatre Orderly you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team whose goal is to achieve excellent clinical care and outcomes for their patients.
This key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to;
- Transporting patients to and from the theatre;
- Assisting in the day to day function of the Endoscopy / Operating Suite with patient positioning, theatre set ups, and cleaning and restocking of theatres;
- Removing rubbished and soiled linen; and
- Providing support to the wards when required.
To succeed in this role, you will be a self-motivated, hard-working individual who can effectively work according to direction. You will possess strong communisation skills and have excellent time management and organisation abilities. This role requires you to have the flexibility to work a rotating roster and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
You will also bring:
- Certificate III in Operating Theatre Technician Practice or equivalent (Health Services / Aged Care)
- Holds a Certificate III in Health Assistant or working towards
- High level of customer service and excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively following directions
Most importantly, you will bring a client-first attitude with a desire to assist our patients in obtaining the best possible outcomes for their health.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Pindara Private Hospital is centrally located in Benowa on the Gold Coast. Pindara Private Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Pindara Private Hospital is a modern 348 licensed acute care Hospital with extensive on site facilities including a 24 hour Emergency Department, 22 Operating Theatres including our Day Surgery and Endoscopy Unit, Intensive Care, Coronary Care, Oncology, Maternity and Paediatric units, Rehabilitation and Renal Dialysis, a state of the art Cardiac Catheter Laboratory / Hybrid Theatre, in-house Pharmacy, comprehensive Pathology and X-Ray including Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI and Nuclear Medicine imaging and a number of on-site consulting suites. The campus also includes a 5 level medical specialists suite building.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Samantha Kurtz, Nurse Unit Manager on KurtzS@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Close Date: Sunday, 4 October 2020