Discharge Planner / Social Worker
Job no: 506722
Work type: Casual
Location: Mt Wilga Private Hospital
Categories: Allied Health Professionals, Social/Welfare
- Join Australia’s leading private healthcare provider
- Contribute to an innovative and committed multidisciplinary team
- Enhance your knowledge through access to an expert team of staff
We are seeking a Discharge Planner/Social Worker to join our team at Mt Wilga Private Hospital in this casual opportunity.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated Allied Health Professional or Qualified Nurse to work as a Discharge Planner at Mt Wilga Private Hospital.
The successful applicant will provide effective support and assistance to the clinical staff and managers in the delivery of counselling and discharge planning services and must be confident in the management of a diverse range of conditions including cardiac, post-surgical, neurological and orthopaedic conditions.
Your duties will include:
- Provide a high quality, direct service to all inpatients and outpatients of the Hospital as required. This includes counselling, providing information and education to patients and families to assist in organising access to support services, and discharge planning.
- Work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team to deliver quality patient outcomes.
- Implement and co-ordinate a plan for discharge and referral of patients, organising post-discharge home support where relevant and required.
- Liaise with other members of the multidisciplinary care team to assist with patient and family adjustment to their illness and other associated concerns and stress factors within the process of rehabilitation and discharge.
The successful candidate will possess strong rehabilitation knowledge and experience as well as a sound knowledge of community services and resources to support patients and their families during the Discharge Planning process.
You will also bring (Skills and Experience):
- Degree in Social Work, other Allied Health equivalent, or Nursing.
- Eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers or equivalent Professional Association.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of community services and other resources relevant to this role.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage a caseload.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High standard of customer service and a team approach.
- Commitment to professional development and maintenance of current evidence-based practice.
- Flexible and positive approach to work.
- Experience with My Aged Care and the residential aged care process, Life Time Care and Support, and NDIS will be highly regarded.
- Free onsite parking
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Mt Wilga Private Hospital is a 119 bed specialist rehabilitation facility, with a busy day therapy unit and outpatients department situated in Hornsby, a peaceful area of Sydney’s Upper North Shore. Part of the Ramsay Health Care Group, Mt Wilga boasts an excellent clinical reputation as a leader in private rehabilitation, with large modern treatment areas, two hydrotherapy pools, and fully equipped gymnasiums. Mt Wilga offers comprehensive rehabilitation programs for patients presenting with a wide variety of conditions including Orthopaedic, Musculoskeletal, Neurological, Back and pain management, Cardiac, Amputee, Reconditioning, and Lymphoedema.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV that includes 2 current work-related referees and a cover letter that addresses the above skills and experience criteria).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Venus Garg, Inpatient Allied Health Therapy Manager on GargV@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 25th October 2020 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend