Job no: 508103
Work type: Casual
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
We are looking for a Chef to join our busy and growing team at John Flynn Private Hospital in a casual capacity.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for food preparation for patients, staff, cafeteria and functions. You will ensure a high standard of quality hospital food production and cleanliness is maintained to be in line with the Food Safety Plan, relevant HACCP standards and Hospital policy.
Your duties will involve:
- participating in day to day food preparation, cooking, service and delivery of meals; as well as providing catering for meetings and special events
- plating of meals
- ensuring the purchase, delivery, storage, preparation, cooking, service and presentation of food and drink to residents are completed within the required timeframes and standards
To be successful in this role, you will require strong attention to detail and great time management skills. The ability to multi task and communicate well with your team members is required as this will be a fast-paced environment. Additionally, the flexibility to work across a rotating 7-day roster will be key for this role.
You will also bring
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
- Experience within large scale preparation or high-volume commercial kitchens is ideal for this role, with any experience in the health sector being highly regarded.
- Sound understanding of Food Safety guidelines and special dietary needs and allergens.
- An ability to follow recipes and processes to ensure patient safety.
- Commitment to excellence in preparation and supply of food services.
- Commitment to excellence in hygiene standards.
On offer is an hourly rate of $27-$30 + Casual Loading and Superannuation.
About the Hospital
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area. Some benefits of working with us include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
John Flynn Private Hospital offers free parking, a wide range of in hospital services and regular subsidised social activities.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Daniel Walker at WalkerD@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend