Peninsula Private Hospital is seeking an administrative professional to take on a Health Information Services Clerk role in our administration team.
This is a Permanent Part-Time role.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for retrieving, preparing and delivering medical records for patient care, and responding to general enquiries and requests for information. You will provide support to the Health Information Manager, Clinical Coders and other departments of the hospital to facilitate timely coding, billing and quality activities.
This role works primarily a Wednesday to Friday roster of 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm shifts with occasional shifts on Saturday.
To succeed in this role, you will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for customer service and enjoys being part of a busy team. The ability to converse and be empathetic while managing a busy flow of admissions and discharges is a key skill needed for this role. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working in a team of doctors, nurses, pathologists, administrators and non-clinical staff.
You will also bring:
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Experience either in medical administration will be essential for this role.
- Experience with Patient Management Systems will be highly regarded.
On offer is an hourly rate of $24.00-$26.00 + Superannuation based on experience.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Frankston in Melbourne's south east. Peninsula is currently undergoing development and expansion of its cardiac, medical, surgical, oncology and perioperative services, which will see the hospital grow from 272 beds to 341 beds by January 2020. The hospital currently accommodates a 14 bay emergency department, 160 medical and surgical, 36 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 33 Oncology beds which includes 10 day-infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Peninsula Private Hospital provides an onsite 24/7 emergency service.
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Childrens Card/Check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Susan Folkes on 03 9788 3676.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.