Wollongong Private Hospital are seeking a Nurse Unit Manager to join our Day Surgery/PACU Team
This is a Permanent Full Time opportunity.
- Permanent Full Time opportunity
- Key leadership role
- Grow your career with Australia’s Leading Private Healthcare Provider
About the Role
Wollongong Private Hospital is defined by our unique culture and dedication to giving outstanding patient care. From the way we recognise and reward our staff to our attitude toward the patient experience – we are a great choice for staff who want to be part of a cutting-edge, fast paced and progressive environment.
As the Nurse Unit Manager, you will hold a key leadership and management role, and be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all resources within the department. This role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department.
You will also be responsible for working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery, in line with best practice and legislative requirements. Working closely with the Executive team, you will help shape organisational strategies, improve service provisions and achieve departmental and hospital strategic objectives.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting as a Registered Nurse with a passion for client care and delivering high standards of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will bring a capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor to your team and hold prior experience working in a perioperative setting.
You will also bring:
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- 5 years minimum relevant specialty experience (Perioperative Services/PACU)
- Extensive proven experience as a Nurse in an acute care setting.
- Clinical leadership experience or relevant post-graduate specialty qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and material resources
- Experience in management of change processes, risk management and quality improvement processes
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing and facilitating staff professional development
- Ability to apply research findings to clinical practice.
- Post graduate studies in a related discipline will be highly regarded.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
The 151 bed private hospital operated by Australia's largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care, is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct adjacent to the Wollongong Public Hospital. It will feature state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital provides all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services. Surgical specialities include orthopaedics, interventional cardiology, ophthalmology, ENT, bariatric, head and neck, neurosurgical, gynaecological, urology, colorectal, upper GI, general, vascular and plastics.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Margaret Mason on email@example.com
Close Date: 22 Jan 2021 at 11:55pm