Patient liaison nurse
Job no: 512267
Work type: Part time
Location: Nowra Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Enrolled, Nursing - Registered, Other
Expression of Interest Patient Liaison Nurse / Pre Admission Nurse
Permanent Part-time, 60 hours per fortnight
We are seeking an Experience enthusiastic and dynamic Registered or Enrolled Nurse to join our team at Nowra Private Hospital, in this role you must be able to work autonomously and take ownership of the role.
About the Role
As a Patient Liaison Nurse / Pre Admission Nurse, you will strive to ensure patients have a smooth transition with admission.
You will provide a preadmission service for our patients. This role aims to identify and address patient risk factors and provide information and education about a planned hospitalisation and treatments.
- Coordinating the patient admission process
- Undertaking pre admission patient assessments
- Identifying patients health alerts/risks and disseminating relevant information to the necessary health care team and VMO’S
- Ensuring patients have a smooth transition with admission
- Collecting and following up clinical information in a timely manner
- Liaise with Surgeons, GP and other specialities when necessary in order to ensure the patient is prepared for surgery
- Providing patients with information and support about their upcoming surgery
To succeed in this role, you will bring a ‘can-do’ attitude and be passionate for providing quality clinical care and services to our patients. The pre-admission nurse ensures that pre-operative patients receive a comprehensive assessment, education and appropriate referrals are in place.
You will also demonstrate:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Strong communication skills to engage with all members of multidisciplinary team
- Computer skills, Experience or willing to learn Meditech
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patients
- Availability to work across a 7-day rotating roster and participate in on call rostering.
Your effective communication and interpersonal skills, excellent time management and along with a passion for delivering excellent patient care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values.
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Enrolled Nurse, $29.89 - $32.53 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
- Registered Nurse, $33.23 - $46.67 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Caroline Wilson on
Close Date: 9th March 2021, 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend