Health Information Clerk
Job no: 512411
Work type: Casual
Location: North West Private Hospital
Categories: HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
- Casual Opportunity
- Join a global healthcare company
- Range of shifts covering Monday to Friday roster
About the Role
As the Health Information Clerk, you will be responsible for efficiently preparing, delivering and retrieving patient records for patient care. You will regularly liaise with both internal and external customers responding to general enquires and actioning as needed in accordance with relevant privacy principles, policies and procedures.
You will provide support to the Clinical Coders and to the clerical functions including filing of letters, compiling records from Day Oncology and the ward. In this role you will report to Regional Health Information Manager and work closely with a supportive administrative team.
You will be a highly organised and process focused professional with previous experience in medical records or another clerical position within a health care setting. Crucial to this role will be a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and the time management skills to manage a high volume of confidential patient data through our Medical Records system.
You will also demonstrate;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and maintain good working relationships with others
- Experience within a medical records or other healthcare related organisation
- Strong customer service skills to effectively engage internal stakeholders and team members
- Strong organisation skills and a high attention to detail with the ability to complete tasks within designated timeframes
- A strong level of computer literacy/knowledge
- A Certificate in Medical Terminology
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
North West Private Hospital also offer free car parking for all staff and is conveniently located within the inner northern suburbs of Brisbane.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV, Cover Letter and 2 current work-related referees).
Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Clarissa Morris via Email MorrisClarissa@ramsayhealth.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend