Nurse Unit Manager
Job no: 514214
Work type: Full time
Location: Northside Group Macarthur Clinic
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Nurse Unit Manager
The Nurse Unit Manager role is a Permanent Full-time (76 hours per fortnight) role available for experienced senior nurses.
About the Role
An opportunity exists for a Registered Nurse with strong managerial and leadership qualities to lead and provide support to our 25 bed, general mental health unit.
This position will be based at Northside Group Macarthur Clinic; a leading provider in private mental health care. We provide CBT and DBT inpatient and outpatient therapy programs, as well as ECT.
The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department to ensure improved patient outcomes. The role requires working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements. The position is accountable for the efficient and effective management of staff within the department.
This fast paced and highly rewarding role reports to the Director of Clinical Services.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting either as a Clinical/Nursing Manager in a mental health department or as a senior mental health nurse wanting to step into a management role. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to inspire, motivate and mentor your team. You will be a leader with a passion for seeing your team members succeed and grow, while bringing a passion for a high level of client care and service.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a mental health nursing environment.
- Proven knowledge as a senior Nurse or Manager in mental health
- Any management or relevant post-graduate specialty qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Experience or exposure to managing clinical staff, recruitment, rostering and performance management.
On offer is a Full-Time salary ranging from;
- $113,422 - $121,998 + Superannuation per annum based on experience level.
Northside Group Macarthur Clinic is a 48-bed facility located near the centre of Campbelltown providing specialised and holistic treatment for a range of mental health illnesses and conditions. Macarthur Clinic offers excellent evidence-based clinical care, provided by a dedicated team of health professionals, including psychiatrists, psychologists and specialist nurse therapists.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children’s Check and proof of Immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Natalie King at email@example.com
Applications Close: 28th April 2021
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend