Clinical Facilitator – Preoperative Services
This is a Permanent Part-time (64 hours per fortnight) opportunity for a Perioperative Clinical Facilitator to join our Clinical Education team at John Flynn Private Hospital.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Perioperative Clinical Facilitator, with anaesthetic and recovery experience, to complement our perioperative education team and to support our novice program.
Our Perioperative department at John Flynn Private Hospital utilises the latest advancements in Health technology and we offer surgical services across a vast range of specialties including Cardiothoracic, Urology, ENT, Orthopaedics, Plastics, state of the art Obstetrics, Gynaecology and the Mako, and Da Vinci robotic surgical systems.
The successful candidate will be an integral member of our dynamic and friendly clinical team and will:
- Facilitate department based training and clinical competency assessments across our department.
- Be an integral member of the clinical team orientating and educating staff.
- Provide support for professional development opportunities for the perioperative nursing staff.
To succeed in this role you will bring exceptional time management skills, be highly organised and flexible with working shifts to accommodate educational needs. You will have a committed and proactive approach to professional development, demonstrated experience in mentoring clinical staff and be an exceptional and positive role model.
You will also bring:
- Relevant Nursing Registration with AHPRA
- A minimum of 5 years clinical experience with in perioperative environment, anaesthetics and/or recovery.
- Experience working as a Scrub/scout is desirable
- Experience in a Perioperative Clinical Facilitator role
- Postgraduate qualification in Perioperative Nursing and/or Clinical Education (or working towards)
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (or working towards) is desirable
You will bring a strong clinical skillset with a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay’s core values.
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from; $47.66 - $50.99 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts including private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
- John Flynn Private Hospital offers free parking, a wide range of in hospital services and regular subsidised social activities.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Georgia Archer, on Email ArcherG@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 18th May 2021 11.55pm