Emergency Care Receptionist
Job no: 516444
Work type: Part time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
Emergency Department Receptionist
We are seeking a customer focused individual to join our Emergency Department Administration team at John Flynn Private Hospital
This is a permanent part-time position (21 hours per fortnight).
About the Role
The administration team provides clerical support to various departments of the hospital and are often the first point of contact for visitors. As the Emergency Centre Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for patients in our Emergency Department. You will be responsible for performing administrative duties including the admission of patients to the Emergency Centre and hospital, health fund checks and the collation of patient data and records. This position requires the ability to work Night Shifts.
To succeed in this role, you will have highly developed communication skills both written and verbal and professional phone manner. You will be a committed team player with efficient and accurate data entry skills. Exceptional organisation skills and the ability to complete tasks within designated timeframes are essential for this role.
You will also demonstrate;
- Previous experience working night shift is essential
- Previous experience in hospital admissions or a medical practice
- Previous experience in a switchboard/reception position
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and maintain good working relations with others
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology desirable
- Previous experience working with Health Funds desirable
On offer is an hour rate of $25 - $28 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, on the southern end of the Gold Coast. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, and proof of Immunity to specific infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Lisa Schuster, Administration Manager, on Email: SchusterL@ramsayhealth.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend