Job no: 517029
Work type: Casual
Location: Nambour Selangor Private Hospital
Categories: Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has become available for motivated, professional individuals to join our perioperative services support team. As a Theatre wardsperson you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team whose goal is to achieve excellent clinical care and outcomes for their patients.
In the role, you will be supporting the safe transfer of patients to and from surgery. You will also be transporting, setting up, maintaining and disposing surgical/patient transport equipment for the Operating Theatre. This will also include the disposal of wastes and linens in accordance with Infection Control Guidelines and ensuring cleaning tasks are completed to a very high standard.
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster
To be successful in this role, you will bring a client-first attitude with a desire to assist our patients in obtaining the best possible outcomes for their health.
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Recent experience within an operating theatre environment / health environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all patients, the general public and all Hospital staff
- Ability to perform a physically demanding role with experience in patient manual handling
- High level of customer service and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required with minimal supervision
- Willingness to accept and promote the Ramsay Way Values
Candidates who hold a Certificate III in Operating Theatre Technician Practice or equivalent (Health Services / Aged Care) will be highly regarded.
We value our staff and provide a wide range of attractive local and national employee benefits including:
- Flexible work practices
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition and rewards system
- Ramsay Corporate discounts including health fund and travel discounts
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program and more.
About the organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Trevor Dempsey, Nurse Unit Manager, Email: DempseyT@ramsayhealth.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend