Operating Theatre Assistant
Job no: 518383
Work type: Full time
Location: Kareena Private Hospital
Categories: Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley
We have an exciting opportunity available for a motivated and efficient individual to become a permanent member of the perioperative department at Kareena Private Hospital
About the Role
This exciting hands-on role will be located within the Operating Theatre. As the Operating Theatre Assistant, you will responsible for (but not limited to):
- Assembling and managing theatre case set-ups in accordance with operating lists, displaying attention to detail
- The care and maintenance of various equipment associated with the Theatre Department
- To be available in a general capacity to assist theatre staff and doctors.
This position is a key element of the surgical process and the ability to quickly and efficiently manage your caseload will directly affect the care of patients.
To succeed in this role, you will be a self-motivated individual with the ability to work effectively according to directions. You will bring exceptional communication skills, a strong customer focus and thrive in fast paced environment.
You will also demonstrate:
- Current experience working as a theatre assistant – desirable
- A high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a high-performing team
- Previous experience in a theatre / hospital environment
**The flexibility to handle a rotating roster with evening shifts will also be key for this role**
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Kareena Private Hospital is a 128-bed facility servicing the Sutherland Shire and surrounding areas. It is conveniently located directly opposite Sutherland Public Hospital. Kareena Private Hospital is an acute Medical/Surgical facility offering a comprehensive range of services including a private Emergency Department, an After Hours GP Medical Service, an Angiography Suite for Cardiac investigation and action, as well as Orthopaedics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Kareena Private Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and proof of Immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Sandhya Rimal, Peri-Operative Manager at RimalS@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 30th July 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend