Job no: 518775
Work type: Full time
Location: Hollywood Private Hospital
Categories: HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
- Permanent full time (76 hours per fortnight) opportunity
- Access employee and industry benefits
- Grow your career across our national network
Hollywood Private Hospital is seeking an experienced Clinical Coder to join our Health Information Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate abstraction and assignment of diagnosis and procedure codes for inpatient episodes in accordance with the ICD-10-AM and ACHI classification systems using the Australian Coding Standards. Additional responsibilities will include quality improvement activities such as completing data edits and participating in internal and external coding audits.
The successful candidate will meet the following essential criteria:
- Prior experience coding independently in a tertiary or secondary hospital
- Relevant Certification in Clinical Coding with experience in ICD-10-AM , ACHI & ACS
- Strong understanding of casemix and Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs)
- Demonstrated understanding of anatomy, physiology, diseases, and pathological processes
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated sound computer skills using the MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement activities and excellence in customers service
- Eligible for membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Previous experience coding in a private hospital setting
- Sound knowledge and understanding of health fund contracts
Why Hollywood Private Hospital?
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Perth, Australia and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With 860 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical and mental health services for over 70,000 Western Australian's each year.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Benefits of working with us include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a current (12 months or less) National Police Check, Working With Children Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Gordon Laing, Health Information Services Manager
Close Date: 15th August 2021 at 11.55 pm.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend