Job no: 522716
Work type: Full time
Location: St George Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Day Oncology and Infusion Centre
About the Role
St George Private Hospital is one of the most modern, clinically advanced private hospitals in Australasia. It is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals. The Hospital is located in Sydney’s South and is adjacent to The St George Public Hospital one of Sydney’s major university teaching hospitals. St George Private Hospital is a fully accredited advanced surgical, obstetric and acute medical facility. Working in partnership with some of Australia’s leading medical specialists, the Hospital has developed a strong reputation in Cardiac, Orthopaedics & Spinal Care, Neurosurgery, General Surgery, Cancer Care, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Colorectal and Urology.
The unit provides day chemotherapy services in both Oncology and Haematology from Monday through to Friday. We also provide infusion therapy services to other medical specialities. It is supported by a committed and professional team of staff. St George Private Hospital is offering a great opportunity for a Registered Nurse who would like to progress their career in this area of nursing.
- Current APHRA registration
- A minimum of two years post graduate experience
- Maintain Continuous Professional Portfolio in line with the requirements of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively within a team environment
- A commitment to delivering and achieving excellent customer satisfaction and quality clinical outcomes
- An ability to provide clear patient education and instruction
- Computer literacy and documentation skills
- Willingness and motivation to further your education in Oncology nursing
- Working experience in areas of Oncology/Haematology nursing
- Cannulation skills and Central line management
- Completion of eviQ Antineoplastic Drug Administration course
- Administration of chemotherapy and other infusion therapies
Here at St George Private Hospital we will provide you with an outstanding working environment, modern facilities & supportive management team.
We are located in Sydney’s southern suburbs, adjacent to St George Public Hospital, one of Sydney’s major university teaching hospitals.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Linda Hawgood on 02 9598 5310 / HawgoodL@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 26th October 2021 at 11.55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend