Patient Services Assistant – Level 4
We are seeking experienced Patient Service Assistants to join our Environmental Services team at Joondalup Health Campus. Multiple Permanent Part Time opportunities are available!
About the Role
As a Patient Service Assistant, you will be responsible for providing and maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in line with infection control guidelines in all areas throughout the hospital.
You will be expected to deliver excellent customer service to both internal and external customers and be required to assist in stock maintenance and control, and the maintenance of a clean and tidy department.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Perform all cleaning tasks, which includes decontamination of beds and ward equipment, assisting with dishwashing and general cleaning of ward and pantry area, work in-house laundry as required.
- The caregiver, recognising Ramsay Way care commitment to responsible environmental stewardship, will support the organisational Environmental goals in performance of all duties.
- Assisting nursing staff with lifting/positioning patients and bed making.
- Perform patient transport/bed Moves.
- Ability to work in Laundry department as required.
- Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster is essential for this role.
Reporting to the Environmental Services Team Leader, you will work closely with a supportive and friendly team.
To succeed in this role, you will be self-motivated and work effectively under the direction of the Environmental Services Team Leader. You will demonstrate a good work ethic that includes punctuality, integrity, respect for others, and a commitment to professional practice.
The successful candidate will also meet the following:
- Demonstrated experience in a Hospitality/ Healthcare Cleaning.
- Commitment to exceed customer satisfaction
- Sounds time management and organisation skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of cleaning skills and knowledge of chemical usage and Knowledge of material data safety sheets, and its importance.
- Knowledge in the following areas of Manual Handling, Occupational Safety and Health practices, Infection Control and Housekeeping Protocols, and Usage of cleaning equipment
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Benefits of working with us include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a current (12 months or less) National Police Check, Working with Children Check and proof of immunity against specific infectious diseases.
Previous applicants no need to re-apply.
For enquiries, please contact:
Anjan Gupta; Environmental Services Team Leader
Close Date: Sunday, 31st Oct 2021 at 23:55pm