Anaesthetics Interventional Cardiovascular - Cath Lab
- Permanent part time leadership opportunity 64 hours per fortnight
- Support & contribute to our Cardiology Services
- Work for well-respected global health care industry!
The Sunshine Coast allows for the ultimate work/life balance with options for city or beachside living. Bring your clinical skills to Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital and join a large company with exciting employee benefits!
About the Role
Are you an experienced and skilled Anaesthetic Nurse? If so, come and join our thriving Interventional Cardiovascular Services team in this leadership opportunity.
Our Cardiology services is comprised of a 32-bed ward, 2 Cath labs, 8 bed ICU and a 3 bed CCU. Our Interventional Cardiovascular Services include Electrophysiology, Device Implants, Coronary and Vascular Angiography procedures and Structural Heart Procedures. Additionally minimal open vascular procedures, and most recently Chronic Pain Procedures. Our comprehensive cardiac and cardiothoracic care service focuses on the diagnosis, treatment and management of disorders of the cardiovascular or circulatory system, including the heart and arteries, and is supported by the latest in cardiac technology and techniques.
As the Clinical Nurse in the Cath Lab you will be responsible for providing expert Anaesthetic nursing care to patients. You will work collaboratively with the Intervention Cardiovascular team.
This role will involve, but is not limited to:
- Providing anaesthetic Care for the Patient undergoing the procedure
- Providing Assistance to the Anaesthetist/ Cardiologist / Vascular surgeon / Pain Consultant
- Supervising and implement education program of staff with in the Cath Lab specifically in anaesthetics Training using the Ramsay Institute Resources and ACORN/ CSANZ Standards
- Participate in Quality improvement Programs in line with organisational and departmental strategic plans.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with experience in general medical nursing. You will have exceptional communication skills and a passion for delivering excellent client care and customer service.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA
- Minimum five years’ post graduate experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in anaesthetics
- Relevant post-grad certificate or similar relevant post graduate qualification in anaesthetics is required
- Cardiology, including interventional cardiology knowledge/experience is preferred but not essential
- Previous experience/qualifications as an educator highly desirable
- Previous experience as a clinical nurse position highly desirable
- Ability to manage designated portfolio and display strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrates excellent time management, clinical problem solving and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a health-care team, and positively influence the performance of other staff
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from; $48.38 - $55.01 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD Clinical Nurse/Midwife Level 2 gr1-gr4) [FTE $95,598.88 - $102,775.32]
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital is collocated with the Sunshine Coast University Hospital, on the Kawana Health Campus.
The hospital, opened on 4 November 2013, offering a comprehensive range of inpatient and day services across a wide range of specialties. Medical consulting suites are located onsite together with comprehensive pathology and radiology services.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
All enquires to Melinda Taylor via email Taylor Melinda@ramsayhealth.com.au