Day Program Coordinator
Job no: 524661
Work type: Part time
Location: Mitcham Private Hospital
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Day Program Coordinator
Permanent Part Time (15.2 hours per week)
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Clinical Psychologist / Mental Health Occupational Therapist / Mental Health Social Worker/ Mental Health Nurse to join Mitcham Private Hospital. To provide high quality assessment and treatment through the delivery of comprehensive therapy programs and services to customers of the Hospital. The role will involve planning and facilitation of Outpatient Group Therapy Programs, which provide support, skills and education in the treatment and management of mental health illnesses. This role will report to the Nurse Unit Manager of the adult mental health unit.
To succeed in this role, you will be a motivated, energetic and flexible team player with a high degree of professionalism. You will have excellent clinical and communication skills and strive to have a positive impact on the wellbeing of patients. You will have experience in a sole facilitation group therapy role. You will also have the following selection criteria:
- Current relevant registration with AHPRA/AASW
- Qualifications in relevant specialty Allied Health or nursing area:
- Psychology – Masters or Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology
- Social Work – Bachelor of Social Work
- Occupational Therapist – Bachelor of Applied Science
- Nursing – Post Graduate Mental Health
- Demonstrated competence as a clinical practitioner
- Relevant experience in a Hospital, Rehabilitation or Community setting
- Previous experience in the provision of mental health interventions and therapy in a clinical setting.
- Current working with Children’s check
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in thinking
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Mitcham Private Hospital offers a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and maternity services. Located in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs, Mitcham has established an excellent reputation for high quality patient care, customer service and staff satisfaction.
We live and work by our values of The Ramsay Way – “People Caring for People” and seek out those who are committed to developing people and teams and a continuous improvement culture.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children and proof of Immunity to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email Michelle McAlary, Nurse Unit Manager on McAlaryM@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 2nd December 2021 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend