General Services Officer - Housekeeping and Catering
Job no: 526271
Work type: Casual
Location: Nowra Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services, Environmental Services - Cleaner/Laundry
General Services Officer
Catering Assistant and Housekeeping
We have an exciting position for a customer service wiz working across Housekeeping and Catering at the Nowra Private Hospital. This is a casual opportunity, working a variety of shifts across a 7 day roster commencing in mid-January 2022.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Hotel Services Manager, you’ll be working within a fast paced team who thrives on delivering exceptional customer service in line with our Ramsay Core Values.
You will have variety plus in this role, some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all equipment utilised on the shift is cleaned, restocked and stored in the appropriate storage area;
- Demonstrating care and economy in the use of supplies and equipment;
- Distribution/collection of customer menus, food trays, beverages as well as basic food preparation;
- Cleaning and sanitising workstations and food court areas;
- Providing fast, friendly and exceptional customer service;
- Display a strong level of team commitment whilst also having the ability to work autonomously where required;
You will also bring:
- Recent experience in hospital, aged care, restaurant, café or retail catering
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- A food safety certificate
- Exceptional communication skills with a commitment to the provision of high-quality customer service
- The flexibility to handle a rotating roster including evenings and weekend shifts will be crucial.
About the Organisation
Nowra Hospital has been providing quality health care services to the Shoalhaven region and south coast of New South Wales since being commissioned in 1980. Our 62-bed facility provides acute surgical and medical services, rehabilitation, and day surgery services. We are located 130km south of Sydney and 10km from the beaches for which the south coast is renowned.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Timothy Box on BoxT@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 27th January 2022 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend