Job no: 527063
Work type: Part time
Location: Short Street Day Surgery
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Perioperative Services at Short Street Day Surgery
Permanent Part Time leadership opportunity (64 hours per fortnight)
About the Role
Short Street Day Surgery offers a friendly, caring and comfortable environment for a range of surgical procedures. Our specialist services include: IVF, Gynaecology, and Ophthalmology.
As the Clinical Nurse you will provide leadership and support to our passionate team of clinicians. Each shift you will be responsible for leading a team to ensure high quality care is delivered to each patient.
In this role you will work closely with the Nurse Unit Manager. This role will involve, but is not limited to:
- Acting as a professional resource and demonstrating broad knowledge in all facets of caring for patients to ensure the highest levels of nursing care.
- Supervising and supporting staff within the unit
- Participate in Quality improvement Programs in line with organisational and departmental strategic plans.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with highly developed clinical and problem solving skills. You will have the ability to coordinate care, lead a team and provide expert advice in your area of specialty. You will have a passion for patient care and be committed to providing a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and the ability to work as part of a professional team within a fast-paced environment.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- Strong leadership skills and confident with delegating duties
- Previous experience as a Clinical Nurse in a Perioperative or Day Surgery environment is highly desirable
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Anaesthetics, Scrub Scout OR recovery
- Specialty experience in an area of expertise highly desirable
- Willingness to learn managerial roles.
- Any relevant post-graduate perioperative qualifications will be well regarded.
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from; $48.38 - $52.01 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD Clinical Nurse/Midwife Level 2 gr1-gr4) [FTE $95,598.88 - $102,775.32]
Located on the Gold Coast, Short Street Day Surgery is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care. Ramsay Health Care is Australia’s largest private health care operator with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Successful applicants are required to provide evidence of two Covid19 vaccinations prior to commencement. You may also be required to provide a current National Police check and Working with Children Check, as well as proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Joanne Sligar, Director of Nursing and Manager via SligarJ@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 28 January 2022 - 1155pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend