NURSE UNIT MANAGER
Permanent Fulltime Position
Ramsay Clinic Rockhampton
We are seeking an experienced Mental Health Nursing professional to take on an exciting clinical management role in our Mental Health Service at Hillcrest Rockhampton Private Hospital
The bustling city of Rockhampton is a thirty-minute drive to the Southern Great Barrier Reef, Great Keppel Island and is surrounded by many beautiful national parks offering weekend adventures at every turn.
Rockhampton offers affordable housing, excellent educational facilities and the average commute to work only 15 minutes, allowing plenty of time for family and lifestyle activities.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for leadership and management and quality patient care. We invite local and interstate applicants apply for this rewarding opportunity to join a hospital that prides itself on exceeding Ramsay’s high standard of care.
The Nurse Unit Manager (Mental health) role is a Permanent Full-time (76 hours per fortnight) role reporting to the Director of Clinical Services.
About the Role
Ramsay Clinic Rockhampton requires a Registered Nurse with strong managerial and leadership qualities to lead a professional nursing and allied health team specialising in Mental Health.
The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department to ensure improved patient outcomes.
Ramsay Clinic Rockhampton provides services for patients requiring treatment for Mental Health disorders including; Mood and Anxiety Disorders, Schizophrenia and Psychotic disorders. Ramsay Clinic Rockhampton also provides day programs including; Anxiety Treatment, Recovery and Relapse Prevention and Mood Disorders. ECT & TMS also provided both as inpatient and output service.
You will be supported and guided by our clinical management team and executive to ensure a high level of quality patient care is delivered in line with the care values and strategic direction of Hillcrest Rockhampton Private Hospital and Ramsay Health Care.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting either as a Clinical/Nursing Manager in a similar department or as a senior nurse wanting to step into a management role. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to inspire, motivate and mentor your team. You will be a leader with a passion for seeing your team members succeed and grow while bringing a passion for a high level of client care and service.
- Current RN Registration with Aphra
- Post Graduate Mental Health Qualification
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a mental health setting
- Proven knowledge as a senior Nurse or Manager in a mental health setting
- Experience or exposure to managing clinical staff recruitment, rostering and performance management.
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from;
- $59.10 - $63.95 + Superannuation per annum based on experience level.
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
We are seeking candidates that will live and breathe the Ramsay Values including:
- Being caring, progressive, enjoy our work and use a positive spirit to succeed;
- Take pride in our achievements and actively seek new ways of doing things better;
- Value integrity, credibility and respect for the individual.
Our mission is to deliver exceptional patient outcomes & to do that, we need exceptional people.
If you are interested in being part of our team where you are valued, challenged and where you know you can make a difference to patient outcomes, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
All new employees
- must be up-to-date in their vaccination against COVID-19 (including the third dose, as required) using a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisations against infectious disease.
Enquiries can be made to Kim Henderson DCS on 4932 1122