Sleep Scientist – Grade 1
Casual positions available (approximately 20 hours per week)
Remuneration $31.08 – $42.43 per hour
+ superannuation, and exclusive of penalties and VIC EBA Sleep Scientist (Grade 1 – Year 1-6)
About the Role
Sleep Scientists are responsible for preparing and monitoring overnight polysomnography studies on evening and overnight shifts. The role includes patient preparation and education, maintenance of signal quality, CPAP titration or implementation, and basic sleep study analysis. Sleep Scientists must have a good knowledge of CPAP products and mask fitting, and adhere to infection control procedures during and at the completion of each sleep study. Administrative tasks must also be performed, i.e. completion of hospital documentation and sleep study records. This role reports to the Sleep Unit Manager.
To be successful for this opportunity, it is vital for you to possess high-level communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal, as you will be working with a diverse range of patients. You will bring experience working within a Sleep Study program or unit along with a strong attention to detail and a passion for client care. The ability to engage with and create strong working relationships with patients, their families, clinical and non-clinical staff is essential. You will have an understanding of human respiratory system and neurological functioning. A basic knowledge of sleep disorders is preferred. Continual learning through in-service programs, and on-the-job experience is anticipated.
You will also bring:
- Previous experience in Sleep Medicine is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to learn and apply psychophysiological recording techniques.
- Accurate and concise scientific reporting
- Data collection proficiency
- Any experience within a hospital will be well regarded
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Bioscience or Applied Science equivalent is essential
The Mitcham & Warringal Sleep laboratories are two busy six bed facilities that routinely operate from Sunday to Friday. The successful candidates would be required to be available to work across both sites.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Mitcham Private Hospital offers a comprehensive range of medical, surgical, maternity and mental health services.
Located in Melbourne's eastern suburbs, Mitcham has established an excellent reputation for high quality patient care, customer service and staff satisfaction.
Mitcham Private Sleep Centre is a dedicated sleep disorder centre, located close to Mitcham Private Hospital, and has been providing services for the needs of Melbourne’s outer eastern communities since 1998.
The NATA accredited Sleep Centre provides quality, full Level 1, overnight sleep studies of the highest international standard for privately insured, DVA and self-funded patients and is supported by a team of accredited, experienced sleep and respiratory physicians, Scientists and nursing staff.
The Warringal Private Hospital, a 215 bed facility incorporating 11 state of the art operating theatres, has an established national and international reputation as a leading healthcare provider, achieving recognition in many specialties throughout the years, and leading medical tourism from all over the world. It has a cutting-edge Sleep laboratory offering 6 beds to our patients.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Carlos Pereira, Sleep Studies Unit Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 18th August 2022 - 11.55pm