Job no: 534787
Work type: Part time
Location: Joondalup Health Campus
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Permanent- Part time position available for an experienced nurse to join the Public Surgical ward at Joondalup Health Campus.
A1 Public Surgical is a busy dynamic surgical ward with an exceptional team. We care for both elective and emergency public surgical patients including minor and major surgery, ENT, Urology and vascular. Recent surgical experience would be desired.
Duties and responsibilities will involve, but are not limited to;
- Assessing, planning, coordinating and evaluating the care delivery needs of pre- and post-operative patients;
- Contribute and participate to team functioning and decision making;
- Manage rapidly changing situations that affect patient care and workload; and
- Ensuring all care is delivered in line with the core values and strategic direction of Joondalup Health Campus and Ramsay Health Care.
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster, which will include day and night shifts, weekends and public holidays, is critical for this role.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with experience working in an acute surgical setting. Your passion for providing quality care, ability to work within a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment and your client-first attitude is essential for this role.
The successful candidate will also meet the following:
- Registered with AHPRA as Registered Nurse
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an acute surgical department
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service
- Positive “can-do” attitude and ability to communicate effectively
- Willingness to accept and promote Ramsay’s core values
- Effective organisation skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must be fully vaccinated
Candidates with any post-graduate qualifications will be highly regarded.
Why Joondalup Health Campus
Joondalup Health Campus, (JHC) is a 712-bed facility owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator. Treating both public and private patients, JHC provides comprehensive acute medical care to the community within Perth’s rapidly expanding northern corridor. With such a large hospital to operate, JHC currently employs over 3,200 staff, with numbers continually increasing to meet the demand for services. Benefits of working with us include:
- Onsite free parking
- Flexible work arrangements
- Onsite childcare
- Subsidised JHC Vacation Care
- Paid parental leave
- Employee benefits/discounts
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. All applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
For enquiries, please contact:
Belinda Goodrum, Clinical Nurse Manager
Close Date: Thursday 30th June 2022 at 11:55pm
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend