Front Office Supervisor
Pindara Private Hospital is seeking flexible, highly organised and enthusiastic individuals to join our General Office Department.
There are opportunities for Full-time and Part-time positions.
About the Role
The successful applicants will be contracted to cover a 7-day rotating roster which may include working alternate weekends, with contracted hours dependent on the successful applicant’s availability in line with the needs of the business. We are encouraging applicants with significant clerical experience to apply for this position.
As a member of our busy and fast-paced administrative departments, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive customer focused service to all areas of the Front Office team.
You will also be responsible for all administrative duties within the department and undertake all identified tasks and duties as part of a team that works cooperatively, sharing roles and responsibilities to meet the needs of the customer. Duties may include:
- Attend to the reception desk, directing visitors and handling phone/email enquiries
- Checking in patients and ambulances
- Cash handling & EFTPOS payments
- Billing patients and third parties
- Precise data entry to ensure patient information is updated
- Provide administrative support to relevant departments
- Assist with Coordinator duties and provide leave cover as required
- Action management tasks and responsibilities including rostering and daily statistic reporting
- Being the first point of contact and managing sick leave whilst in a supervisory position
In this role, you will report to the Front Office Manager and Front Office Coordinators and work closely with a supportive and respected team.
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills, a result of your strong customer service skills. Your proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required will also assist you in this role.
You will also bring:
- Certificate in Medical Terminology – desired
- Previous experience in hospital mainframe systems – desired
- Previous Hospital, Medical Reception or Health fund experience - desired
- Computer literacy and precise data entry, including competent keyboard and Microsoft Office skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to complete tasks within designated time frame
- Availability to work a 24/7 rotating roster is essential (including overnight shifts)
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, with great multitasking capabilities and provide a high level of customer service whilst having a primary focus on patient care despite the busy environment.
About the Hospital
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Pindara Private Hospital is centrally located in Benowa on the Gold Coast.
Pindara Private Hospital is a modern 348 licensed acute care Hospital with extensive on site facilities including a 24 hour Emergency Department, 22 Operating Theatres including our Day Surgery and Endoscopy Unit, Intensive Care, Coronary Care, Oncology, Maternity and Paediatric units, Rehabilitation and Renal Dialysis, a state of the art Cardiac Catheter Laboratory / Hybrid Theatre, in-house Pharmacy, comprehensive Pathology and X-Ray including Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI and Nuclear Medicine imaging and a number of on-site consulting suites. The campus also includes a 5-level medical specialist’s suite building.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to the Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
To discuss this opportunity, please contact Jayne Slater via SlaterJ@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 6 July 2022 at 11:55pm