Hollywood Private Hospital is seeking a proactive, dedicated and enthusiastic team-player to join our General Surgical, Gurney Ward. This is a Permanent Full-Time/Part-Time opportunity.
About the Role
As a Clinical Nurse working in our General Surgical Ward, you will provide support and guidance to junior colleagues and be responsible for the effective and efficient coordination of clinical services within the department. Acting as a professional resource and demonstrating broad knowledge in all facets of caring for patients, you will contribute to, and participate in, the education of all levels of staff being involved in department orientation, in servicing and clinical competence programs.
Reporting to, and supporting the Clinical Nurse Manager, you will look after acute post-operative patients while working in a collaborative and constructive team.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset working within a surgical ward environment and demonstrate a good work ethic at all times that includes punctuality, integrity, respect for others and a commitment to professional practice. Working within our fast-paced ward, you will demonstrate a high level of critical thinking and problem solving and support ongoing quality improvements at all times.
Your ability to supervise, lead, direct and motivate staff to achieve outcomes is critical to this role.
You will also bring;
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a registered Nurse
- Minimum of 3 years' experience nursing acute post-operative patients
- Effective communication skills
- Flexible working hours with the ability to work mornings, afternoons and weekends
- Proven ability to teach and support junior colleagues
- Willingness to accept and promote Ramsay Core Values
Must work well in a team environment
- Genuine attitude to supporting staff at all times
- Contribution to nursing education and the professional development of others
$95,079.43 - $101,019.49 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (WA Clinical Nurse/Midwife Level 2 gr1-gr4)
Why Hollywood Private Hospital?
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With more than 900 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital is the State’s largest private hospital based on bed numbers. The hospital employs over 2,000 people and has more than 800 accredited specialists working across a wide range of disciplines including cardiology, gastroenterology, general medicine, general surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, orthopaedics, palliative care, psychiatry, rehabilitation and urology.
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Maz Hains on (08) 9346 6542, or via email on HainsM@ramsayhealth.com.au.