Job no: 550701
Work type: Casual
Location: Ramsay Clinic Albert Road, Beleura Private Hospital, Donvale Rehabilitation Hospital, Frances Perry House, Ramsay Surgical Centre Glenferrie, Linacre Private Hospital, Masada Private Hospital, Mitcham Private Hospital, Peninsula Private Hospital, The Avenue Hospital, Warringal Private Hospital, Waverley Private Hospital, Corporate Services - VIC Metropolitan, Murray Valley Private Hospital, Shepparton Private Hospital, Wangaratta Private Hospital
Categories: HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
Ramsay Health Care is seeking Expressions of Interest for enthusiastic Qualified Clinical Coders to join our Ramsay hospitals across Victoria on a casual basis.
The Victorian Region includes 15 facilities located within the Melbourne Metropolitan and VIC regional areas. View the full list here: https://www.ramsayhealth.com.au/Find-a-Service/Hospitals/Victoria
This position will see you based at the Victorian hospital of your choosing, with the possibility for remote coding!
Reporting to the VIC Regional Health Information Manager or relevant onsite Manager, you will be responsible for providing accurate and timely coding of diagnosis and procedures following current Australian Coding Standards.
Each hospital within the Ramsay network has a varied mix of specialties, ensuring that your work will be challenging and diverse. Importantly, you will ensure data is collected, collated, and managed in line with hospital and relevant legislative requirements.
The data being collated and processed is highly confidential and will be used for billing, morbidity collections, research, statistical analysis, management information systems, quality activities and casemix management including Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG) allocations.
To be successful in this role, you will work effectively both within a team environment and independently as required. Your ability to maintain positive relationships and strong communication networks with all stakeholders and departments, ensuring all quality outcomes are achieved, is crucial for this role.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Completion of Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA); Clinical Coding Course; Associate Diploma or Bachelor of Applied Science, Medical Record Administration or Health Information Management; or similar relevant tertiary qualification.
- Eligible for membership with HIMAA.
- Minimum of 2 year fulltime equivalent hours (FTE) coding experience (post training)
- Demonstrated ability to code independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated interest in clinical coding, highly developed ability to self-manage and a positive "can-do" attitude.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Sound computer literacy and skills within the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with patient administration software relevant to hospital (e.g. Meditech)
- Previous Private Hospital experience
On offer is an hourly rate + superannuation and Casual Loading dependent on qualifications and experience.
Working with Us
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating over 480 facilities across 11 countries making it one of the largest and most diverse private healthcare companies in the world.
Ramsay is well-respected throughout the global health care industry for its quality health care operations and excellent record in hospital management and patient care. Its focus is on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: “People Caring for People”.
Our Ramsay Way values
We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”.
- We value strong, healthy relationships by respecting and recognising those we work with.
- We strive to continuously improve and we take pride in our achievements.
- We seek to grow sustainably because we care about our people, our community and our planet.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online and should include a CV, evidence of qualifications and 2 current work-related references.
For enquiries, please contact Sara Wilson Regional Health Information Manager – VIC
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend