Clinical Nurse – Mental Health
Joondalup Health Campus, Joondalup
- Permanent Full time and Part Time opportunity
- Contribute to providing quality focused care across our Mental Health service
About the Role
Joondalup Health Campus is seeking experienced, positive and passionate Clinical Nurses to work across our Mental Health service. Our Current 47-bed inpatient unit and 10 bed Mental Health Observation Area provides a comprehensive assessment and treatment service to patients including, art therapy, exercise groups, recovery focused therapies, physical health screening and more. We are also in the building stage of a 102-bed, purpose built inpatient unit compromising of Adult, Older adult, PICU and youth wards, planned opening for this unit is March 2023.
As a Clinical Nurse, you will be part of the MHU management team and be responsible for the effective management and efficient coordination of clinical services at Joondalup Health Campus.
Acting as a professional resource and demonstrating broad knowledge in all facets of caring for mental health patients, you will be responsible for;
- Contributing to, and participating in, the education of all levels of staff being involved in department orientation, in servicing and clinical competence programs;
- Working with peers, and liaising with the Clinical Nurse Specialist and Educator to drive education within the unit; and
- Consistently performing accurate and comprehensive patient assessments to address the individual patient’s short and long-term needs including their physical, social and spiritual needs
- Promoting a positive and supportive culture utilising excellent leadership skills.
This role will require the flexibility to work across a seven-day roster.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset with experience in Mental Health. Your ability to supervise, lead, direct and motivate staff to achieve outcomes, and your well-developed planning, prioritisation and time management skills are critical for this role.
You will also bring:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- Prior experience in a Clinical Nurse Role essential
- Positive can do attitude and strong leadership skills
- Extensive post registration experience as a Mental Health Nurse
- Experience in coordinating shifts and managing the unit after hours
- Experience as a Clinical Nurse / Coordinator within an inpatient environment
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Motivation to lead and develop quality services
- Demonstrated commitment to uphold and promote the Ramsay Way core values
$99,405.54 - $105,615.88 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (WA Clinical Nurse/Midwife Level 2 gr1-gr4)
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus.
The hospital has an Emergency Department, After Hours GP Clinic and on-site MRI. Specialties include Medical Specialties which include General Medicine, Respiratory, Gerontology, Cardiac Services and Stroke Services Unit. Surgical Specialities including but not limited to General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Urology, Vascular, ENT, Paediatrics, Gynaecology. We have acute Psychiatry, Intensive and Coronary Care Units, Day Procedure Unit, Renal and Oncology, Restorative Units, Day Therapy and Obstetrics. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
- Extensive Professional development programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Access our flexible work opportunities and have a say in your roster times
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Free access to permanent employees Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance
- Study leave
- Permanent employees and their families are eligible for a fitness passport – to help achieve your wellness goals with a discounted gym membership
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities eg, airport lounge membership, self-education expenses and more
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate rates on Hertz car rentals
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Community service leave – ask to find out more specific details
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Craig Creswell on E: CreswellC@ramsayhealth.com.au