Job no: 555995
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
- Permanent Full-time or Part-time role with Global Health Care Company.
- A great work culture and a friendly and supportive team.
- We are a leading provider of health care services with a special culture known as “The Ramsay Way” and a philosophy of “People Caring for People”
About the Role
John Flynn Private Hospital provides a wide range of health care services including comprehensive cardiac services, general and orthopaedic surgery, cancer services, medical, maternity and paediatrics, renal dialysis, day surgery and rehabilitation services.
In this role, you will provide education and advice to clinical coders and medical staff. You will also:
- Provide support to the Manager of Health Information Services and ensure data is collected, collated and managed
- Provide accurate and timely coding of diagnosis and procedures using current coding standards
To succeed in this role, you will be an experienced coder with highly developed interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities. You will have excellent organisations skills and a sound knowledge of health fund contracts.
You will also demonstrate:
- Successful completion of ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS 12th Edition education
- Minimum one (1) year coding experience with varied and complex casemix
- Practical knowledge and experience in current disease classification
- Knowledge of Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG’s) (desirable)
- High level of computer literacy
This role requires an individual who works well independently whilst having a strong focus on achieving team goals.
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 354 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, on the southern end of the Gold Coast. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area. Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care,
We believe our people are our most important asset. That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture. We offer strong, flexible career pathways and have a genuine commitment to work-life balance, learning and development. We are committed to maintaining our employer-of-choice status through a great range of employee benefits and programs.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
- Free parking and a wide range of in hospital services
- Access our flexible work opportunities and have a say in your roster times
- A great work culture and a friendly and supportive team
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Free access to 18,000 upskilling courses via a LinkedIn learning subscription
- Professional development programs
- Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Study leave
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Car servicing discounts on Mazda vehicles
- Salary sacrifice opportunities eg, airport lounge membership, self-education expenses and more
- Tech discounts on Microsoft and Apple purchase
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate rates on Hertz car rentals
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Community service leave ask to find out more specific details
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
To discuss this opportunity, please contact Stephen Connors, Health Information Services Manager on 07 5598 9035.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend