Exciting chance for a passionate Exercise Physiologist to join our Allied Health team!
- Part-time, 12-month position
- Free staff parking + a great range of employee benefits!
- Be part of a friendly and inclusive team environment
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic, reliable, hardworking exercise physiologist to join our Allied Health team. The successful applicant will perform a dual role working in our respiratory lab and across our Ramsay Health Plus out-patient service.
In the respiratory lab the successful candidate will perform specialised lung function tests including spirometry, gas transfer, lung volumes, bronchial provocation, and high altitude simulation and expired nitric oxide (FeNO) tests in accordance with laboratory protocols.
Daily duties in the respiratory lab will also include:
- Operation and maintenance of lab equipment including calibration, quality control and infection control/cleaning
- Achieving accurate, acceptable and repeatable lung function measurements
- Analysis of lung function data and presentation of this data into a report
- Maintaining lab stock levels and consumables
In the Ramsay Health Plus out-patient service, the successful candidate will work across different clinical settings with a wide range of patients including mental health, cardiac, pain and reconditioning. This will involve, but is not limited to:
- The assessment and prescription of patient exercise programs
- Coordinating individual and group exercise programs as required
- Motivating patients to achieve personal goals and improve their health
Your Key Skills and Experience
- Accredited Member with Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA)
- Bachelor of Exercise Physiology or Exercise Science
- Experience in Functional assessment for a wide variety of acute and chronic conditions including oncology, orthopaedics, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation.
- Experience in conducting exercise conditioning treatment programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team to plan and deliver quality patient care.
Previous experience in lung function will be highly regarded but not essential. Training will be provided to the successful candidate.
A base hourly rate ranging from $41.33 - $56.36 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual and fixed-term employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 354 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people.
For more information about us, visit our website here - https://www.johnflynnprivate.com.au/
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
For enquiries, please contact Allan Chan, Allied Health Manager via ChanAllan@ramsayhealth.com.au
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com