Ramsay Surgical Centre Cairns
Permanent fulltime or part-time.
- We care about YOU ! Gain access to counselling, wellbeing services, as well as legal and financial assistance
- Benefits include paid parental leave, study leave and the option to buy extra annual leave.
- Excellent career growth opportunities.
About the role
Are you an experienced nurse looking to take your career to new heights? This role is your chance to shine and elevate your clinical leadership skills.
- As a key leader, you will take charge and support our dedicated front-line team members while reporting to the Assistant Director of Clinical Services.
- Join a team of passionate professionals who are committed to delivering safe, comprehensive nursing care tailored to each patient with the goal of achieving optimal outcomes.
You will encompass a wide range of responsibilities, including but not limited to
This role will involve, but is not limited to:
- Acting as a professional resource and demonstrating broad knowledge in all facets of caring for patients to ensure the highest levels of nursing care.
- Supervising and supporting all staff within the unit
- Actively participating in Quality improvement Programs in line with organisational and departmental strategic plans.
In your daily activities, you will be at the forefront of troubleshooting, nurturing a culture of positivity and support and offering tailored, expert guidance to your team members.
Additionally, you will need to showcase the following qualifications and qualities:
- Current registration with AHPRA as Registered Nurse
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience specialising in scrub / scout
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Oral Maxfac
- Proven leadership experience within your speciality area and/or a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
$54.72- $58.82+ superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD Clinical Nurse/Midwife Level 2 gr1-gr4) About the Hospital
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical Cairns in far north Queensland, is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases, which may include Covid-19.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Assistant Director of Clinical Services, Heather Middleton at email@example.com