Clinical Nurse Specialist
Mental Health Unit
Joondalup Health Campus, Joondalup
- Permanent full time position - Enjoy flexible hours for better work life balance!
- We care about YOU! Access counselling, wellbeing services, legal & financial assistance
- Enjoy benefits such as paid parental leave, study leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave.
In 2023, a state-of-the-art public Mental Health Unit featuring 77 (moving to 102) purpose-built beds was opened. This facility includes specialised services for adult, older adult, Psychiatric intensive care, young adult and youth service.
The role will be joining the established CNS team, utilising your specific older adult knowledge and experience you will be assisting the Mental Health Service Manager continue to provide the highest standard of care for older adult patients aged 65 and above who are experiencing mental health issues.
Additionally, your role involves working as a CNS team providing support and direction across the entire mental health service encompassing 15 Older Adult beds, 51 Adult beds, 16 PICU beds, 20 youth beds, 10 MHOA beds once the service is fully operational early 2024.
About the Role:
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) is an SRN responsible for leading and managing nursing teams to deliver evidence-based care to achieve optimal patient outcomes within allocated resources under the direction of the Mental Health Service Manager.
- Lead and supervise nursing teams for evidence-based care and optimal patient outcomes.
- Assist in growing a new specialised Mental Health Service at JHC
- Accountable for maintaining and improving care standards, developing solutions, and achieving outcomes aligned with JHC Mental Health Service and Ramsay organisational goals.
- Key leader in the interdisciplinary team, ensuring patient-centred service delivery across quality, budgets, human resources and professional development.
- Provide consultation and liaison services within their expertise to internal JHC wards and departments.
- Report to the Mental Health Service Manager, assisting in growing the service and overseeing various mental health service areas from time to time.
The role will be taking charge of the service afterhours.
To excel in this role, we are actively on the lookout for a positive and dynamic team player with outstanding clinical and interpersonal skills. Your ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting, coupled with effective time management, will be key to meeting your responsibilities.
You should also possess:
- Relevant registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience or 5 years with relevant post-graduate qualification including at least 2 years of recent, relevant experience at a senior level in the provision of Mental Health Services in an acute adult mental health setting.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Knowledge of Quality/Continuous Improvement processes.
- Possession of or substantial progress towards a relevant tertiary qualification and/or relevant equivalent
- Experience as a resource and mentor to others in the relation to clinical practice.
About the Hospital
We are expanding our mental health services! Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Ramsay Rewards - Access great deals at major retailers. Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support 24/7.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- Depending on the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases, which may include Covid-19.
If you have any enquiries regarding this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact Craig Creswell, Clinical Nurse Manager via email at CreswellC@ramsayhealth.com.au
He's here to help!