Prosthetics Purchasing Officer
Stores and Supply
Hollywood Private Hospital, Nedlands
- Permanent full-time position! Enjoy flexible hours for better work life balance!
- We care about YOU! Access counselling, wellbeing services, legal & financial assistance
- Enjoy benefits such as paid parental leave, study leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave.
About the role:
Are you someone who thrives on organisation, values precision, enjoys seeing tasks through to completion, and excel in delivering excellent customer care? If caring for people and being a team player resonates with you, then this could be your ideal fit!
- What is a prosthetic you ask … well it’s all the implants they use when they do a surgery, like a stent or artificial knee joint.
- If you know about purchasing – but not prosthetics – that is okay. The person with the right attitude can learn!
In this position:
- You’ll coordinate with diverse individuals, engage in supplier negotiations, and tackle problem solving challenges.
- Joining our team, you will receive support, assistance and training.
- Your responsibilities will revolve around managing a suite of products essential for surgical procedures.
If you are ready for a role that combines precision, teamwork and a focus on care, this opportunity awaits you!
About You: Your commitment to precision is exemplary, and accuracy hold significant importance in your work.
In this role:
- Your primary focus lies in the meticulous sourcing, ordering and control of stocks, particularly in the cardiac and theatre supply domains, with a specialisation in theatre prosthetics.
- You will take charge of ordering and invoicing stock ensuring seamless processes.
- Following up on outstanding orders
- Effective communication with clinical staff and medical representatives is paramount for managing new and existing items
- Handling physical storage, labelling and picking line items as needed showcases your hands’ on approach
- Conducting thorough stock takes in your area ensures inventory accuracy
- Managing a comprehensive product catalogue is part of your responsibilities
- Facilitating returns and exchanges add to the dynamic nature of your role.
You will also demonstrate:
- Previous experience utilising purchasing and inventory control systems (e.g. Pronto, SAP or similar) is essential
- Experience within a Medical/Hospital supply position is ideal for this role although highly experienced supply professionals are encouraged to apply.
- Any experience managing prosthetic supply will be well regarded.
- Sound computer skills and experience using MS Office programs.
Your meticulous attention to detail and proactive approach make you an essential asset in managing the intricate facets of theatre prosthetics and stock control.
Remuneration: On offer is a base annual salary ranging from $70,000 - $80,000 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With more than 900 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital is the State’s largest private hospital based on bed numbers.
For more info. Please visit https://www.hollywoodprivate.com.au/
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Ramsay Rewards - Access great deals at major retailers. Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support 24/7.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- Depending on the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases, which may include Covid-19.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact Peter Thomas, Supply & Purchasing Manager via email at ThomasPeter@ramsayhealth.com.au
He’s here to help!