Cairns Private Hospital Theatre department is a busy, supportive environment that is seeking experienced and adaptive Theatre Technicians to join our team on a permanent full-time or part-time basis.
Joining our growing Theatre team and reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, you will be required to:
- Support theatre personnel to prepare the operating theatre environment for procedures
- Assist in positioning patients, whilst respecting and ensuring patient safety
- Ensure dignity is to be maintained at all times in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures and legislative regulations
- Tropical location, walk from work to the esplanade to recharge
- Enjoy staff appreciation days and functions
- Immediately access our flexible work opportunities
- Enjoy working as part of our close-knit, supportive team
- Play a critical role in our mission to deliver excellent patient care
- Free staff parking
Skills and Experiences
The successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working in a diverse team of doctors, nurses, pathologists, and non-clinical staff.
You will also bring:
- Certificate III in Operating Theatre Technician Practice or equivalent is desirable
- Support experience within an acute care environment essential
- Technician experience within an operating theatre will be highly regarded
The flexibility to work a rotating roster including evenings will be key to this role.
A base hourly rate ranging from $28.84 - $31.05 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD AWU Level 2)
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical Cairns in far north Queensland, is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
For more information about the hospital, visit our website - https://www.cairnsprivate.com.au/
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
For enquiries, please contact Joanne O'Leary via email on OLearyJ@ramsayhealth.com.au
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com