- Develop your leadership skillset in our state-of-the-art facility.
- Permanent full-time or part-time opportunity
- Immediately access a great range of employee benefits!
About the Role
The Theatre Department at Cairns Private Hospital has an opportunity for a Perioperative Registered Nurse with experience in plastic surgery to step into a leadership role as Clinical Nurse.
This is a fantastic opportunity to step into a key role and be fully supported to enhance your skills and grow your career into a management position in the Perioperative environment.
As the Clinical Nurse in Theatres, you will be required to act as a professional resource, passionate mentor, and role model to junior team members.
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 2 years in an acute perioperative environment as a scrub scout is essential to this role.
- Specialty experience in plastic surgery is essential
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organisational skills
- Post-graduate qualifications in Perioperative Nursing specialties will be highly regarded, though not essential.
Overall, you are willing to take on the challenge of this role, to learn, extend and grow in your career in a supportive and nurturing environment.
A base hourly rate ranging from $52.86 - $56.83 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances (QLD RN/RM Level 2 gr1-4).
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical Cairns in far north Queensland, is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
For more information about the hospital, visit our website - https://www.cairnsprivate.com.au/
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
For enquiries, please contact Joanne O'Leary via email on OLearyJ@ramsayhealth.com.au
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com