Cook or Chef
- 1 X Permanent Part-time, up to70 hour contract and 1 X Casual opportunity available.
- Catering department operational hours from 05:00 am - 21:30 pm - 7-day rotating roster.
- Join Australia's largest private health care provider. Flexible work/life balance! Excellent team! Industry discounts!
About the Role
This opportunity will see you responsible for delivering a high standard of quality hospital food for our patients, staff, doctors and hospital functions whilst ensuring cleanliness is maintained in line with our Food Safety Plan, relevant HACCP standards and Hospital policy. In times of low occupancy to meet the needs of the department, you will also work in a food production role across a variety of disciplines including Cook, Chef Assistant or Breakfast Cook and Catering Assistant.
Your duties will involve:
- Day to day food preparation, cooking, service and delivery of meals; as well as providing catering for meetings and special events
- Plating of meals
- Ensuring the purchase, delivery, storage, preparation, cooking, service and presentation of food and drink to patients are completed within the required timeframes and standards
- Allergy management of foods and preparing foods specific to allergy and intolerances.
- Catering assistant, service, and collection of meals direct to patients.
- General cleaning duties within a commercial kitchen.
You must be available to work on a 7-day rotating roster.
To succeed in this role, you will have prior experience in a similar role and have a passion for culinary preparation and service. Strong organisational skills and the capacity to handle high volume catering workflows will be key to this role. We are looking for a cook who can also be an allrounder.
You will also bring:
- Prior experience as a Cook in a large scale food preparation environment;
- Effective communication skills;
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate;
- HACCP training and commitment to excellence in hygiene standards;
- Allergy awareness or willing to obtain
- Contribute effectively to a team environment and independently as required;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise workloads; and
- Previous Hospitality experience in a health facility is highly desirable
- Understanding of OHS and Safe work practice
- Flexibility to work a 7-day rotating roster.
- Flexibility to work up to a 10.5 hour shift.
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from $25.75 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
Wollongong Private Hospital is a 151-bed facility providing all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases, which may include Covid-19.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
For any enquiries please contact: Shyanne Lucas via email@example.com