Brand new opportunity for a Nurse Unit Manager to oversee our Orchard and HDU wards! Join our team now in this diverse position and access Ramsay’s employee benefits, discounts and rewards.
About the role
As an experienced Nurse Unit Manager, you will oversee our Orchard Ward, a 15 bed medical ward, and our HDU, a 6 bed unit.
This position will see you catering for a range of high dependency patients including medical, surgical, pain management and oncology patients.
You will coordinate the admissions and discharge processes of the departments, and the daily management of nursing staff and other human resources.
Keen to step up to a new challenge? We would love to hear from you!
Your Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset, with recent management, with experience in the critical care nursing specialty area.
You will have exceptional communication skills and a passion for delivering excellent client care and customer service.
- Relevant qualifications and registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum of five (5) years’ post graduate nursing experience
- Proven knowledge as a senior nurse or manager in a critical care
- Qualifications in Critical Care are desired
- Experience in oncology and medical nursing highly regarded
- Experience or exposure to managing clinical staff recruitment, rostering and performance management.
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and capital resources
On offer is a base hourly rate of $64.48 + Superannuation based on qualifications and experience. Exclusive of penalties and allowances.
What's in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
The Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases, which may include Covid-19.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
For any enquiries please contact: Margaret Baker via Bakerma@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: Tuesday the 5th of March 2024