Mt Wilga Private Hospital
Orthopaedic/Reconditioning Physiotherapist with
Additional Weekend Team Lead Responsibilities
Permanent Full-Time (M-F 76 hours/fortnight)
- Join the leader in providing quality rehabilitation services.
- Contribute to an innovative and committed multidisciplinary team.
- Enhance your knowledge through access to an expert team of staff.
Mt Wilga Private Hospital is a 119-bed specialist rehabilitation facility, with a busy day therapy unit, and outpatients department situated in Hornsby, a peaceful area of Sydney’s Upper North Shore.
Part of the Ramsay Health Care Group, Mt Wilga boasts an excellent clinical reputation as a leader in private rehabilitation, with large treatment areas, two hydrotherapy pools, and fully equipped gymnasiums. Mt Wilga offers comprehensive rehabilitation programs for patients presenting with a wide variety of conditions including orthopaedic, musculoskeletal, chronic pain, neurological, amputee, cardiac, lymphoedema and reconditioning.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated individual to join our Orthopaedic/Reconditioning Inpatient Physiotherapy team, with leadership opportunities through the role of weekend therapy team leader. If you are interested in joining a committed, compassionate, and highly respected team, we would love to hear from you.
- Confidently manage a diverse range of patients who require rehabilitation across the inpatient setting including joint replacements, post spinal surgery, reconditioning and chronic pain.
- Collaborate with members of the multidisciplinary team to plan effective and evidence based care for inpatients.
- Lead a high performing team to deliver quality, cost effective physiotherapy services to the inpatient population over the weekend at Mt Wilga.
- Possess strong communication, organisational and problem solving abilities.
- Work both independently and within a team structure.
- Mentor junior members of staff.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent with APHRA registration
- Minimum 2 years post graduate experience.
- Demonstrate advanced time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently lead a team.
- Commitment to professional development and maintenance of current evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and a commitment to Quality Improvement.
- Demonstrated willingness to assist other Physiotherapy units with clinical caseloads when required.
- SIRA accreditation
$ 37.15 - $59.82 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months.
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases, which may include Covid-19.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
For any enquiries please contact: Rachel Attenborough, Inpatient Therapy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org