Allied Health Manager
Permanent full-time opportunity with this global health care company!
Allied Health management opportunity available now! Make a daily difference to our patients lives!
About the Role
This position encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices and processes of Allied Health services within the inpatient and outpatient clinic settings.
- You will be responsible for ensuring care is delivered in line with –
- Best practice
- Legislative and health fund requirements
- Building strong relationships internally and externally
- Making a valuable contribution to the Hospital continuous improvement process
- Overseeing all AH services within an acute hospital environment.
You will also be responsible for Allied Health rostering, recruitment, supervision/training, performance management, student placements, generating / presenting reports, and related administration. You will be required to have a small clinical load in either In-patients and/or Outpatients.
You will be required to work collaboratively with the members of the Allied Health team as well as other members of the hospital management team to ensure each department functions and systems support the business needs of the hospital.
- This position requires an experienced Allied Health professional with strong clinical and leadership skills, and the ability to manage a multidisciplinary team.
- To be successful you must have excellent communication skills, problem solving abilities and the ability to work well under the pressure.
You must also demonstrate:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum three (3) years post-graduate experience in relevant clinical area
It is desirable if you:
- Have previous experience in a private hospital setting
- Strong computer skills
To succeed in this role you will be an effective and approachable leader with a natural ability to build rapport and effective relationships with both internal and external clientele.
About the Hospital
Wollongong Private Hospital is a 171 bed private hospital operated by Australia's largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care, is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct. It features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra.
Wollongong Private Hospital is defined by our unique culture and dedication to giving outstanding patient care. From the way we recognise and reward our staff to our attitude toward the patient experience – we are a great choice for staff who would like to be part of a cutting-edge, fast paced and progressive environment.
Ramsay Health Plus provides Inpatient Acute Care Allied Health Services to Wollongong Private Hospital. Our team of allied health professionals provide high quality, evidenced based personalised care for a wide range of clinical areas such as intensive care, cardiothoracic surgery, orthopaedic surgery, neurosurgery, vascular surgery, general surgery, urology, maternity, palliative care and oncology. The allied health team is patient centric, working closely to provide excellent patient outcomes.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases, which may include Covid-19.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Caroline Wilson on firstname.lastname@example.org