Admissions Secretary – Emergency Department
Permanent part-time positions
About the Role
Our 31-bed acute care Emergency Centre delivers high quality 24-hour emergency care to all emergent presentation excluding multi-trauma and private acute mental health to both private and DVA patients.
As the Admissions Secretary you will be the first point of contact for patients in our Emergency Department. You will be responsible for performing administrative duties including the admission of patients to the Emergency Centre and hospital, health fund checks and the collation of patient data and records.
We have the following opportunities providing you an option to request your preferred roster rotation:
- Part-time 3 Month Contract (possible opportunity for ongoing) – Rotating 24/7 shifts Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
- Casual Positions across 24/7 roster
What you’ll bring
To succeed in this role, you will be a highly organised, enthusiastic professionals with a passion for delivering outstanding customer service. You will have exceptional communication skills and a proactive attitude with a genuine interest in patient care.
You will also demonstrate:
- Previous experience in hospital admissions or a medical practice with private billing
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- A high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Efficient with the use of the patient management systems highly desirable
On offer is a base hourly rate of $33.60 + superannuation based on qualifications and experience, exclusive of penalties and allowances.
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
Greenslopes Private Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases, which may include Covid-19.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
For any enquiries please contact: Cherie Malone via MaloneCherie@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: Wednesday the 21st of February 2024