Night Duty – Surgical Ward
Ramsay Surgical Centre Glenferrie, Hawthorn
- Permanent Part time available : Flexible hours for work life balance!
- We care about YOU! Gain access to counselling, wellbeing services, legal & financial assistance
- Enjoy exclusive benefits such as paid parental leave, study leave and even the option to buy extra annual leave.
Glenferrie Private Hospital is a caring and nurturing environment that will bring out the best nurse in you.
We are 19 bed overnight surgical ward, specialties include plastics, ortho, pain, dental and ophthalmology. Our experienced team will support and nurture you while ensuring a high level of nursing care is always delivered and maintained.
This will involve, but is not limited to;
- Assessing, planning, coordinating, evaluating the care delivery needs of patients
- Treating all customers with respect and equality whilst meeting all aspects of their care in a timely and professional manner
- Working effectively in a multidisciplinary team while undertaking additional tasks as directed by the Nurse Unit Manager
- Night duty nurse for the ward.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting, be passionate about utilising evidence-based practice and thrive when working within a varied and fast-paced environment.
Your ability to plan, prioritise and coordinate patient care will assist in maintaining excellent time management, a skill essential for this role.
You will also meet the following criteria;
- Registered with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Preferable two (2) years’ previous experience in Surgical/Medical
- Minimum two (2) years' postgraduate experience
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
As per current award.
About the Organisation
Glenferrie Private Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Ramsay Rewards - Access great deals at major retailers. Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support 24/7.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Grace Lelo via email on Lelog@ramsayhealth.com.au