- Be part of a caring and progressive organisation
- Have your unique strengths recognised and valued
- Enjoy flexibility – hybrid working supported!
- Based in Sydney Head Office preferred, however open to candidates in Melbourne or Brisbane!
- Full-time, two years fixed term
The Data & Insights team at Ramsay Health Care are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Senior Data Steward to join our Data Governance and Policy team.
The Senior Data Steward is a key role within the organisation, responsible for leading the management of Ramsay Healthcare Australia (RHCA) data assets, ensuring they are known and discoverable, and data is collected, maintained and interpreted consistently to ensure data quality, information security and compliant use, including safe sharing and use of data to unlock its value.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Lead discovery of RHCA Data Assets, and help identify Data Owners, classify and categorise the data as per RHC policies
- Assist the Head of Data Governance and Policy in coordinating Data Requests from the Ramsay business to access curated data within the Data Hub
- Perform Data Quality assessments on new data feeds to the Data Hub
- Problem-solving: assist in root cause analysis of issues
- Identify data lineage from / to systems and applications and establish quality of data through profiling, including suggestions for remediation
- Lead the development and management of Business Glossary of key terms and their definitions, and implementation of a data catalogue solution based on requirements
- Help in developing the data standards and guidelines across the organisation and advocate for the importance of using data to inform business decisions
Key Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in the Data Governance and/or Data Management field including
- Data Catalogue Implementation and Operation
- Data Quality
- Data Classification and Categorisation
- Proven ability work in cross-functional teams, and work in a low maturity data landscape to help it mature over time
- Demonstrated experience working with data lifecycle
- Problem-solving skills to detect the causes of errors in the data and to determine solutions that protect the integrity of the data
- Advanced relationship management with a proven record to engage at all levels of the organisation from the executive to the hospitals
- Demonstrated experience in gathering, managing, and communicating business and technical requirements
- Agile mindset & behaviours to adapt to a fast-moving data landscape
- Highly developed understanding of database structures
Highly regarded, though not essential
- Previous experience of Healthcare setting will be highly regarded
- Knowledge of DAMA Framework and CDMP certification
- Understanding of agile methodologies & techniques including DevOps, CI/CD
- Strong understanding of data architecture and its implications for data governance
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and information security for cloud
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning with over 18,000 courses to advance your career.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible Leave Program and free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual and fixed term employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with over 70 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
We believe in a bright future for our company and for every one of our employees – our wellbeing initiatives and learning and development programs have seen us grow as an industry leader and sought after employer.
For more information, visit our website here - Ramsay Health Care Australia
- A National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months may be asked of you
All applications must be lodged online and should your CV outlining your skills and experience in line with the above criteria. In your cover letter, please address the following question:
- In your current or previous job, what two motivations drive you to deliver the best outcomes?
- In your current or previous job, how have you engaged across different levels of the organisation to implement data related activities or initiatives? What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?
For enquiries, please contact Narelle Grayson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com