Boiler maker/Body Builder
Job no: 492844
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Qube is an ASX top 100 company and one of Australia’s largest integrated providers Qube is an ASX top 100 company and one of Australia’s largest integrated providers of import and export logistics services. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce in excess of 6,500 people.
Qube Bulk counts as its customers some of the best known and leading mining and resources companies in Australia and has won a reputation for providing a cost effective, reliable and quality service to our customers.
We are seeking skilled Boilermaker/Body Builder for our South-West operations. This role is responsible for the light fabrication and repairs of QUBE mobile equipment. This role requires a minimum of at least two years’ experience working in the heavy/medium vehicle industry. A strong Boiler Maker skill coupled with an ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels are important, as are sound planning and organisation skills.
A sound understanding and working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Regulations, Western Australia Main Roads legislation and Chain of Responsibility obligations is desirable. The Boiler Maker will also be required to use their own initiative and apply a deductive approach when maintaining productivity and cost effectiveness.
The role is offered on a Monday to Friday, Day Shift. Recommended that applicants live within 50 minutes of the Muchea.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Boilermaker Trade Certification.
- Experience working with Heavy Duty Equipment
- Experience in a heavy industry transport or mining environment
- Sound Knowledge of ADR/NHVR standards desirable.
- Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of people.
- Ability to work autonomously using proactive approach to task resolution
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in a demanding environment
- Ability to work well within a small team environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work safely in a regulated environment
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics company in Australia then please click on the "Apply" button and complete our online application form.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend