IT Network Services Team Lead
Job no: 493211
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information Technology
At Qube, we recognise that our people are our most important asset and are the engine that drives our organisation, playing a vital role in ensuring our business achieve our objectives and deliver on our commitments.
We believe that attracting the right people, maximising their contribution, and rewarding performance is vital for success. By choosing to work at Qube you will be choosing to work at the largest integrated provider of import and export logistics services in Australia with a market capitalization in excess of $3.75 billion as at 30 June 2018. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce of over 6,500 employees and contractors.
As an ASX top 100 company, Qube has the size to provide an impressive array of integrated logistics solutions. This service offering is backed up by a national network of 28 capital city and regional port and transport facilities across Australia.
Based in Head Office and reporting to the Enterprise Infrastructure Manager, this role is accountable for providing reliable end to end network infrastructure and services; managing technical network operations, security, capacity and ensuring performance service levels are consistently achieved. They will also be managing the full lifecycle, hardware, software, licences, change management, TCO, maintenance and monitoring of all network core environments and telecommunication services and technologies.
- Develop strong working relationships with Third-Party service providers and manage service delivery in accordance with service level agreements.
- Provide performance information to enable Continuous Improvements and ongoing Service Level Agreement revisions.
- Manage & monitor the utilisation, capacity and performance of all networks and associated core communications and networking hardware infrastructure.
- Attend IT Operational review meetings and deliver regular detailed reports.
- Continually maintain and evolve technical specifications, standards and documentation of network hardware, software, security, monitoring, backup, resilience & DR of network assets.
- Maintain network configuration groups in the Change Management platform.
- Ensure ITSM system policies, standards and procedures relating to network build, operations management, maintenance and resilience are implemented and regularly reviewed and updated.
- Ensure new projects and technology initiatives are effectively transitioned from Project Delivery to operations
- Effectively lead the network team.
- Manage forward plan of maintenance & upgrades on telecommunications hardware.
- Ensure Backup and DR capability are in-place and in-line.
- Provide IT ambassadorship across the organisation and provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with business owners, stakeholders and internal customers.
- Provide technical support & leadership to Major Incident and Cyber Incident Coordinator as required.
- Assist the Enterprise Infrastructure Manager to set and manage annualised network and communication budgets.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant post-graduate IT qualifications with the equivalent of Bachelor or Masters level in Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or Business Management.
- 5+ years work experience in management of ICT service delivery, IT Network Operations, Data Centres/ISP and ITIL practices and certification. ITIL Certified. MCSE. CCNP.
- Previous experience as a Team Lead or demonstrable experience in people management or leading virtual teams.
- Ability to think strategically, develop and communicate a strategic plan with budgets.
- Experience in managing third-parties and third-party delivered services.
- IT Network Service Management or Support in a large scale and diverse and distributed network environment utilising SD-Wan and MPLS networks.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively on technical and business issues, both internally and externally.
- Strong people management and technical problem investigation and resolution skills.
- Excellent time management skills and able to plan initiatives and deliver on time and budget.
- Ability to work under pressure, self-motivated and work autonomously & responsibly.
- Strong technical knowledge and develop technical concepts to solutions.
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from females, Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend