Financial Assistant 1
Search #: 497148
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Fiscal, Accounting and Budget
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of the Business Office, the incumbent will maintain a complete set of financial records and process a variety of financial transactions for the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources (CAHNR).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides financial, administrative, and program support for assigned area(s).
- Processes a variety of financial transactions including purchasing, travel reimbursements, invoices, payroll, funding changes, general ledger transfers, and other disbursements.
- Provides statistical information on various expenditures and compiles regular reports utilizing electronic spreadsheets and databases.
- Monitors, tracks, logs commitments, and maintains accurate financial records.
- Serves as a liaison with Sponsored Programs Services and assists in the management of post-award budgets and accounts, including monitoring current projects and closeouts of completed projects for various units within the College.
- Monitors, tracks, and reviews financial records for accuracy and prepares reports as needed.
- Reviews, monitors, and validates faculty effort on sponsored projects.
- Reviews and approves allowable expenses within budget limits.
- Provides support on processing Foundation disbursement for all units within the College, and reconciles account transactions.
- Submits, reviews, and approves related financial and payroll transactions.
- Provides data for budget preparation and monitors expenditures for compliance with approved budget limits.
- Responds to and resolves a variety of financial questions and issues.
- Associate’s degree in related field and two to three years of related experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven ability to establish good working relationship with coworkers and a variety of constituents
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Clear, positive, and professional written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve, expertly manage time and deadlines, and skillfully juggle priorities
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and one to three years of related experience
- Experience working in a fiscal operation in higher education
- Experience working with people from diverse academic, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds
- Experience with Kuali Financial Systems, HuskyBuy, PageUp, Concur, or similar enterprise systems
- Demonstrated ability to display initiative with a strong work ethic and desire to succeed
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, commensurate with the successful candidate’s background and experience, ranging in the mid $40,000's, and outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. For additional information regarding benefits visit: https://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-beyond-pay/. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497148. Please be sure to include, a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references (including title, organization/company, phone, and e-mail). Incomplete applications will not be considered. Evaluations of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend