Postdoctoral Associate CY
Job no: 511518
Work type: Research Faculty
Senior management: College of Science
Location: Blacksburg Area
Categories: Research / Scientific
The Chemistry department at Virginia Tech invites applicants to apply for a Postdoctoral Associate position with Professor Feng Lin’s group (https://chem.vt.edu/people/faculty/flin.html) in the Department of Chemistry.
This position’s research will focus on alkali metal ion battery technology, developing and studying modified and novel designs and materials to affect their performance. The incumbent will be expected to perform under limited supervision and to independently establish appropriate research plans that will address the objectives of the group and its funded research programs. Research results are to be interpreted and presented by oral and written means, both within the group and externally. Expertise possessed or developed by the incumbent is to be shared with other group members as serves the various projects. Collaborations to utilize and/or learn needed expertise from other researchers should be productively pursued.
• PhD (recent) in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or closely related field
• Publications in peer-review journals
• Deep knowledge of solid state ionics and X-ray spectroscopy
• Experience with interfacial studies in batteries
• Experience with solid state electrolyte, such as polymer electrolytes and composite electrolytes
• Ability to work as an independent researcher with a high level of scientific judgment and initiative, as well as to collaborate
• Experience in general battery laboratory equipment operation and maintenance
• Ability to write manuscripts in English and publish in peer-reviewed journals
• Knowledge and experience with synchrotron related spectroscopic and imaging techniques
• Experience with solid state batteries
• Experience with studying surface chemistry in battery materials
• Experience with large-scale data analysis with some level of programming and coding
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend